Burping, hiccups and farting are bodily functions which make people laugh, get embarrassed, and even annoyed. The crown jewel on these is farting.
How much do you know about farts besides the fact that they sound and smell funny, and come out from the bum?
These are some things you should know about them:
– Men fart more than women – probably because (a) they eat faster than women, and (b) they tend to be less embarrassed about passing gas.
– An average person farts around 14 times a day.
– Those 14 farts a day are enough to fill up a balloon.
– If you are not farting at all go to the doctor. This is not something to be embarrassed about as it means that you are healthy. A healthy digestive tract produces farts.
– Farts are made up of hydrogen sulfide that reduces mitochondrial damage. Smelling farts can be healthy, thus next time you fart take a nice deep breath and thank the person.
– Female farts tend to be stinkier as females have a higher concentration of hydrogen sulfide. Female farts are healthier to smell.
– Farts go as fast as 10 ft/sec.
– If you have very tight sphincter you will produce louder farts as they have a smaller tighter area to squeeze out from.
– Gum and soda make you fart more, thus if you know somebody who farts a lot and they drink a lot of soda and chewing gum, hide it from them.
– Most of the farting happens at night when we sleep.
– Termites are animals which produce the most fart. Camels, zebras, sheep, cows, elephants, and dogs (especially labs and retrievers) follow next.
if you like this article, and you think it is interesting, share it with your friends, so they understand WHY and WHAT means to fart!